ORANGE COUNTY FINE ARTS
CALL FOR ARTISTS
OCFA Showcase Gallery Presents 18th Annual
"ARTIST'S EYE" Juried Art Exhibition
PROCEDURE & SCHEDULE
ABOUT THE ARTIST'S EYE EXHIBITION
• This is a juried art show, sponsored by Orange County Fine Arts. Entry is open to public.
• Your artworks may not be chosen for the show.
• Entry categories are: Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor, Pastel, Drawing, Mixed-Media, Photography, Digital, 3-D, Jewelry.
• Cash prizes will be given for Best of Show and First, Second & Third Place in each category. Ribbons will be
awarded to Honorable Mentions.
• The final categories considered for award will be determined by the number of pieces per category included in
the exhibit. Some categories listed could be eliminated or grouped together for the awarding of cash and prizes.
• Original artworks only. No Giclee prints.
• 2-D maximum size is 60”(H) x 60”(W) including frame. 2-D artworks must be dry and wired for hanging.
Non-wired artworks will not be hanged.
• 3-D maximum size is 36”(H) x 18”(W) x 18”(D). Maximum weight is 75 pounds. Display unit or pedestal must
be supplied by artist unless 3-D artwork is free-standing.
• Glass & Jewelry displays must be supplied by the artist.
SALES COMMISSION: OCFA charges 25% on all artworks sold during the exhibition.
• OCFA member: $20 for the first entry, $10 for each additional, up to a maximum of 3 entries.
• Non-member: $30 for the first entry, $15 for each additional, up to a maximum of 3 entries.
• Each participating artist has to pay additional $10 for the reception fee.
• Fees are non-refundable even if your entry is rejected.
• 2014 memberships available for $20.
(One-time $10 discount only for non-OCFA members who enter Artist Eye show.)
• Membership Application is available at Showcase Gallery and www.ocfinearts.org
ENTRY: Sunday 6/8, 1–3 PM
• Fill out the entry form. Label your artwork – front and back. Make your check payable to OCFA.
• Deliver your artworks, entry form and payment to: Showcase Gallery
– South Coast Plaza Village, 3851 South Bear Street B-15, Santa Ana 92704. Phone: 714-540-6430.
• If your artworks are not accepted, you will be notified.
• Pick-up of non-selected entries is Monday 6/9, 5–7 PM
• Show opens Wednesday 6/11. It's an 8-week show.
• All participating artists are required to work 2 - 3 shifts of 3.5 hours in duration.
• Shift hours are: Wed 10:30–2 PM, Thu~Sat 10:30–2 PM & 2–5:30 PM, Sun 11:30–3 PM.
• If you cannot sit in the Gallery, you have to pay $25 for your substitute sitter.
• Gallery Sitter Training for new artists: Wednesday 6/11, 6–7:30 PM
RECEPTION & AWARD CEREMONY: Saturday 6/14, 5–7:30 PM
PICK-UP: Sunday 8/3, 1–3 PM
• You are not allowed to remove your artworks until the show ends.
• If for any reason you cannot pick-up your artworks during the time specified, ask your friends.
Do not call the Showcase Gallery.