ORANGE COUNTY FINE ARTS
CALL FOR ARTISTS
OCFA Showcase Gallery Presents:
JUXTAPOSE: mixed media
(JUXTAPOSE: to place different things together in order to create
an interesting effect / to show how they are the same or different)
Sep 29th - Dec 7th, 2014
PROCEDURE & SCHEDULE
ALL ARTWORKS MUST BE ORIGINAL
PRE-REGISTERING YOUR ENTRY: Optional
• $25.00 payment before FRI 10/3, 9 AM, no exceptions
• By pre-registering your entry, your name will be printed on the Showcase invitational cards,
which will be mailed and delivered to OCFA patrons, South Coast Plaza reception, local libraries,
restaurants, retail shops, etc. It's a great way to expose your name. And it does NOT cost you anything extra.
• Your $25 fee will be deducted from your final fee. You pay $25 less at the entry.
If you prefer regular entry, you also have this option.
NEW ARTISTS TO BE JURIED: Drop off before THU 10/9, 3 PM
• The entry is open to OCFA members who have been juried in to the Showcase Gallery.
Jury Committee meets 10/9.
• Drop off 4-5 pieces of your best artwork to Showcase Gallery on the date above. Artworks MUST be framed
and ready to hang. The Showcase Committee will jury your artworks and notify you the next day.
Make sure your contact information is on each artwork.
• See www.ocfinearts.org/Showcase for jury expectations.
SALES COMMISSION: OCFA charges 25% on all artworks sold during the exhibition.
SHOW FEE: ONE CHECK - PAYABLE TO OCFA
• 2-D OPTION 1 = $68 Flat Fee, plus $10 reception fee.
• 2-D OPTION 2 = $0.42 per linear-inch, plus $10 reception fee.
(Height in inches + Width in inches x $0.42 = Entry fee per artwork)
• 3-D = $12 per piece, 6 piece maximum. Plus $10 reception fee. The fee includes pedestal for freestanding pieces.
• All participating artists are required to work 2 to 3 shifts of 3.5 hours in duration.
• This is an excellent opportunity for you to invite friends, colleagues to visit you at the Gallery.
• If you are not able to work a shift, you must find a replacement from our list and pay $25 per shift.
• Gallery Sitter Training for new and/or returning artists: WED 10/29, 6 - 7:30 PM.
ENTRY: SUN 10/26, 1 - 3 PM
• Artwork should be gallery-ready: All 2-D artwork MUST be wired at the back.
Non-wired artworks will not be hung.
• All artwork should be framed unless using a box canvas with the painted image wrapped to the sides.
• Show opening : WED 10/29. A 6-week show.
RECEPTION: SAT 11/8, 5 – 7 PM
PICK-UP: SUN 12/7, 1 - 3 PM
• You are not allowed to remove your works until the show ends.
• If for any reason you cannot pick-up your works during the time specified, ask your friends.
Do not call the Showcase Gallery.
• Left-over artworks will be property of Showcase Gallery and given free to Gallery visitors.