ORANGE COUNTY FINE ARTS
CALL FOR ARTISTS
OCFA Showcase Gallery Presents:
"South of Tahoe / H20"
mountains, lakes, ocean, desert, valleys, creeks, pine forests, flowering meadows,
ranches, farmers, cave paintings, gullies, groves, boats, fishing, cows & more
May 14th - June 8th, 2014
PROCEDURE & SCHEDULE
ABOUT THIS SHOW:
• All artworks must be original with the artist's interpretation of water and the territory of south of Tahoe.
• This is a standard OCFA juried show. The entry is open to OCFA members who have been juried in to
the Showcase Gallery. Jury Committee meets THU 7/10, artworks must be submitted by 3 PM.
See www.ocfinearts.org/Showcase for jury expectations.
• Show entry: SUN 8/3. Opening: WED 8/6. Opening Reception: SAT 8/16.
• Pick-up: SUN 9/14. A 6-week show.
• Sales commission: OCFA charges 25% on all artworks sold during the exhibition.
PRE-REGISTERING YOUR ENTRY: DEADLINE MON 7/7
• Optional: By pre-registering your entry, your name will be printed on the Showcase invitational cards,
which will be mailed and delivered to OCFA patrons, South Coast Plaza reception, local libraries,
restaurants, retail shops, etc. It's a great way to expose your name. And it does NOT cost you anything extra.
Please e-mail Gallery Director and tell us that you are pre-registering: email@example.com.
Hand deliver or mail your $25 check to: OCFA Showcase Pre-Registry,
3851 S. Bear St. Suite B-15, Santa Ana, CA 92704: ATTENTION: M. MacDonald
• Your $25 fee will be deducted from your final fee. You pay $25 less at the entry.
If you prefer regular entry, you also have this option.
SHOW FEE: ONE CHECK PAYABLE TO OCFA
• 2-D OPTION 1 = $68 Flat Fee, plus $10 reception fee.
• 2-D OPTION 2 = $0.42 per linear-inch, plus $10 reception fee.
(Width in inches + Height in inches x $0.42 = Entry fee per artwork)
• 3-D = $12 per piece, 6 piece maximum. Plus $10 reception fee. The fee includes pedestal for
• All participating artists are required to work 2 to 3 shifts of 3.5 hours in duration.
• This is an excellent opportunity for you to invite friends, colleagues to visit you at the Gallery.
• If you are not able to work a shift, you must find a replacement from our list and pay $25 per shift.
• Gallery Sitter Training for new and/or returning artists: WED 8/6, 6 - 7:30 PM
ENTRY : Sunday 8/3, 1:00 – 3:00 PM (NOTE: THE NEW HOURS)
• Artwork should be gallery-ready: All 2-D artwork MUST be wired at the back, canvas secured and wire
secured. Non-wired artworks will not be hanged.
• All artwork should be framed unless using a box canvas with the painted image wrapped to the sides.
RECEPTION: SAT 8/9 5 - 7 PM
PICK-UP: SUN 9/14, 1:00 - 3:00 PM (NOTE: THE NEW HOURS)
• You are not allowed to remove your works until the show ends.
• If for any reason you cannot pick-up your works during the time specified, ask your friends.
Do not call the Showcase Gallery.
• Left-over artworks will be property of Showcase Gallery and given free to Gallery visitors.