ORANGE COUNTY FINE ARTS
CALL FOR ARTISTS
OCFA Showcase Gallery Presents:
Featured Artist : Dora De Larios
PROCEDURE & SCHEDULE
PRE-REGISTERING YOUR ENTRY (OPTIONAL) :
• By pre-registering your entry, your name will be printed on the Showcase invitational cards, which will be
mailed and delivered to OCFA patrons, South Coast Plaza reception, local libraries, restaurants,
retail shops, etc. It's a great way to expose your name. And it does NOT cost you anything extra.
• To pre-register your entry, mail your $25 check to: OCFA Showcase Pre-Registry,
3851 S. Bear St. Suite B-15, Santa Ana, CA 92704. The registration MUST be received by MON 8/26.
• Your $25 fee will be deducted from your final fee.
• If you prefer regular entry, you have the option, too.
NEW ARTISTS TO BE JURIED : Drop off Saturday 8/31 before 3 PM. Pick-up SUN 9/1 by 3 PM
• The Entry is open to Showcase Gallery juried members only.
If you have already been juried-in by Showcase Gallery, you do NOT need to complete this step.
• If you are not juried by Showcase Gallery Committee and you wish to participate in this event, drop off
4-5 pieces of your best artwork to Showcase Gallery on the date above. The Showcase Committee will jury your
artworks and notify you later that week. Make sure your contact information is on each artwork.
SALES COMMISSION : OCFA will charge 25% on all artwork sold during the exhibition.
SHOW FEE :
• 2-D OPTION 1 = $68 Flat Fee, plus $10 reception fee.
• 2-D OPTION 2 = $0.42 per linear-inch, plus $10 reception fee.
(Height in inches + Width in inches x $0.42 = Entry fee per artwork)
• NO 3-D ARTWORK ENTRY FOR THIS EXHIBIT
• On each option, make ONE check for your entry and reception fee combined.
Do NOT make two checks as: one for artworks another for reception fee.
Your check has to be payable to OCFA, NOT Showcase Gallery.
ENTRY : SUN 9/1, 3:30 – 5 PM
• Soft Opening: WED 9/4. Duration of Show: WED 9/4 through SUN 10/13. (6-week show)
• Artwork should be gallery-ready: All 2-D artwork MUST be wired at the back, canvas secured and wire secured.
No sawtooth hangers will be permitted. All artwork should be framed unless using a box canvas with the
painted image wrapped to the sides.
GALLERY SITTING :
• All participating artists are required to work 3 shifts up to 4 hours in duration.
• Gallery Sitter Training for new artists : WED 9/4, 6:00 to 7:30 PM.
RECEPTION : SAT 8/10, 5 – 7 PM
• Food and drinks are provided by the Showcase Gallery.
PICK-UP : SUN 10/13, 2:00 – 3:30 PM
• You are not allowed to remove your works until the show ends.
• If for any reason you cannot pick-up your works during the time specified, ask your friends to help.
Do not call the Showcase Gallery.