ORANGE COUNTY FINE ARTS
CALL FOR ARTISTS
OCFA Showcase Gallery Presents:
"MIX'IN IT UP"
April 2 - May 10, 2014
PROCEDURE & SCHEDULE
PRE-REGISTERING YOUR ENTRY (OPTIONAL)
$25.00 payment before Friday 2/28, 10:00 AM
• By pre-registering your entry, your name will be printed on the Showcase invitational cards,
which will be mailed and delivered to OCFA patrons, South Coast Plaza reception, local libraries,
restaurants, retail shops, etc. It's a great way to expose your name. And it does NOT cost you anything extra.
If you prefer regular entry, you have the option, too.
• To pre-register, contact Maureen MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW ARTISTS TO BE JURIED : Drop off before THU 3/13/2014 before 3 PM
• The Entry is open to Showcase Gallery juried members only.
If you have already been juried-in by Showcase Gallery, you do NOT need to complete this step.
• If you are NOT juried by Showcase Gallery Committee and you wish to participate in this event, drop off
4-5 pieces of your best artwork to Showcase Gallery on the date above. Work must be framed and ready to
hang. The Showcase Committee will jury your artworks and notify you later that week. Make sure your
contact information is on each artwork.
SALES COMMISSION : OCFA will charge 25% on all artwork sold during the exhibition.
SHOW FEE :
• 2-D OPTION 1 = $68 Flat Fee, plus $10 reception fee.
• 2-D OPTION 2 = $0.42 per linear-inch, plus $10 reception fee.
(Height in inches + Width in inches x $0.42 = Entry fee per artwork)
• 3-D = $12 per piece, 6 piece maximum. Plus $10 reception fee
The fee includes pedestal for freestanding pieces.
• Please make only ONE check for your entry and reception fee combined.
Your check must be payable to OCFA.
ENTRY : SUNDAY 3/30/2014, 1:00 – 3:00 PM (note NEW HOURS)
• Artwork should be gallery-ready: All 2-D artwork MUST BE WIRED AT THE BACK,
canvas secured and wire secured. NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS will be permitted. All artwork should be framed
unless using a box canvas with the painted image wrapped to the sides.
• Show Opening: WED 4/2
• Duration of Show: WED 4/2 through SAT 5/10. (6-week show)
GALLERY SITTING :
• All participating artists are required to work 3.5-hour shift, 2 or 3 times.
• Gallery Sitter Training for new artists : WED 4/2 6:00 to 7:30 PM.
RECEPTION : SAT 4/12, 5 – 7 PM
• Food and drinks are provided by the Showcase Gallery.
PICK-UP : SAT 5/10, 1:00 – 3:00 PM (NOTE – NEW HOURS)
• You are not allowed to remove your works until the show ends.
• If for any reason you cannot pick-up your works during the time specified, ask your friends to help.
Do not call the Showcase Gallery.