ORANGE COUNTY FINE ARTS
CALL FOR ARTISTS
OCFA Showcase Gallery Presents:
Featured Artist : George Kaczmarek
PROCEDURE & SCHEDULE
PRE-REGISTERING YOUR ENTRY (OPTIONAL) :
• By pre-registering your entry, your name will be printed on the Showcase invitational cards,
which will be mailed and delivered to OCFA patrons, South Coast Plaza reception, local libraries,
restaurants, retail shops, etc. It's a great way to expose your name. And it does NOT cost you anything extra.
If you prefer regular entry, you have the option, too.
• To pre-register, contact Maureen MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW ARTISTS TO BE JURIED : Drop off Thursday 1/2/2014 before 3 PM. Pick-up SUN 1/5 by 3 PM
• The Entry is open to Showcase Gallery juried members only.
If you have already been juried-in by Showcase Gallery, you do NOT need to complete this step.
• If you are not juried by Showcase Gallery Committee and you wish to participate in this event, drop off
4-5 pieces of your best artwork to Showcase Gallery on the date above. The Showcase Committee will jury your
artworks and notify you later that week. Make sure your contact information is on each artwork.
SALES COMMISSION : OCFA will charge 25% on all artwork sold during the exhibition.
SHOW FEE :
• 2-D OPTION 1 = $68 Flat Fee, plus $10 reception fee.
• 2-D OPTION 2 = $0.42 per linear-inch, plus $10 reception fee.
(Height in inches + Width in inches x $0.42 = Entry fee per artwork)
• 3-D = $12 per piece, 6 piece maximum. Plus $10 reception fee
The fee includes pedestal for freestanding pieces.
• On each option, make ONE check for your entry and reception fee combined.
Do NOT make two checks as: one for artworks another for reception fee.
Your check has to be payable to OCFA, NOT Showcase Gallery.
ENTRY : SUN 1/5/2014, 3:30 – 5 PM
• Artwork should be gallery-ready: All 2-D artwork MUST be wired at the back, canvas secured and wire secured.
No sawtooth hangers will be permitted. All artwork should be framed unless using a box canvas with the
painted image wrapped to the sides.
• Show Opening: WED 1/8. Duration of Show: WED 1/8 through SUN 2/16 (6-week show)
GALLERY SITTING :
• All participating artists are required to work 3.5-hour shift, 2 or 3 times.
• Gallery Sitter Training for new artists : WED 1/8, 6:00 to 7:30 PM.
RECEPTION : SAT 1/11, 5 – 7 PM
• Food and drinks are provided by the Showcase Gallery.
PICK-UP : SUN 2/16, 2:00 – 3:30 PM
• You are not allowed to remove your works until the show ends.
• If for any reason you cannot pick-up your works during the time specified, ask your friends to help.
Do not call the Showcase Gallery.