ORANGE COUNTY FINE ARTS
CALL FOR ARTISTS
OCFA Showcase Gallery Presents:
"WILD THINGS & Other Tales"
By - For - or About Children
in conjunction with Imagination Celebration exhibition
May 14th - June 8th, 2014
PROCEDURE & SCHEDULE
ABOUT THIS SHOW:
• All artworks must reflect CHILDHOOD with the artist's interpretation.
• Show entry: SAT 5/10.
• Opening: WED 5/14. Reception: SUN 5/18.
• Pick-up: SUN 6/8. A 4-week show.
• This is NOT a juried show. The entry is open to ALL OCFA members.
• Sales commission: OCFA charges 25% on all artworks sold during the exhibition.
PRE-REGISTERING YOUR ENTRY: DEADLINE MON 4/14
• Optional: By pre-registering your entry, your name will be printed on the Showcase invitational cards, which
will be mailed and delivered to OCFA patrons, South Coast Plaza reception, local libraries, restaurants, retail
shops, etc. It's a great way to expose your name. And it does NOT cost you anything extra.
• E-mail at email@example.com and inform her of your pre-registration.
• Make a $25 check payable to OCFA and mail or hand deliver it with the pre-registration form to:
OCFA Showcase Pre-Registration, 3851 S. Bear St. Suite B-15, Santa Ana, CA 92704, ATTENTION: M. MacDonald
• Your $25 fee will be deducted from your final fee. You pay $25 less at the entry.
If you prefer regular entry, you have the option, too.
NEW ARTISTS TO BE JURIED : Drop off before THU 3/13/2014 before 3 PM
• The Entry is open to Showcase Gallery juried members only.
If you have already been juried-in by Showcase Gallery, you do NOT need to complete this step.
• If you are NOT juried by Showcase Gallery Committee and you wish to participate in this event, drop off
4-5 pieces of your best artwork to Showcase Gallery on the date above. Work must be framed and ready to
hang. The Showcase Committee will jury your artworks and notify you later that week. Make sure your
contact information is on each artwork.
SHOW FEE: ONE CHECK PAYABLE TO: OCFA
• 2-D OPTION 1 = $50 Flat Fee, plus $10 reception fee.
• 2-D OPTION 2 = $0.28 per linear-inch, plus $10 reception fee.
(Width in inches + Height in inches x $0.28 = Entry fee per artwork)
• 3-D = $8 per piece, 6 piece maximum. Plus $10 reception fee. The fee includes pedestal for freestanding pieces.
• All participating artists are required to work 2 shifts of 3.5 hours in duration.
• Gallery Sitter Training for new artists: WED 5/14, 6 - 7:30 PM
ENTRY : SATURDAY 5/10/2014, 1:00 – 3:00 PM (NOTE: THE NEW HOURS)
• Artwork should be gallery-ready: All 2-D artwork MUST be wired at the back, canvas secured and wire secured.
No saw-tooth hangers will be permitted.
• All artwork should be framed unless using a box canvas with the painted image wrapped to the sides
RECEPTION: SUN 5/18
• 2 - 4 PM for Imagination Celebration with children (alcohol free)
• 5 - 7 PM for OCFA artists (wine served)
PICK-UP: SUN 6/8, 1:00 - 3:00 PM (NOTE: THE NEW HOURS)
• You are not allowed to remove your works until the show ends.
• If for any reason you cannot pick-up your works during the time specified, ask your friends.
Do not call the Showcase Gallery.